Ultimate Vehicle Road Trip Checklist
Before you hop in your car and head out on your next road trip, there are a few things you should have checked. After all, you wouldn’t want your awesome adventure to be cut short by a blown tire or a dead car battery.
Take a look at our ultimate road trip checklist for your guide to staying safe on your next summer road trip. Let’s take a look!
Maintenance Essentials for Your Road Trip
- Tires: Check the air pressure within your tires and make sure it falls within the recommended levels. You should also make sure the treads on your tires aren’t worn out.
- Fluids: Power-steering fluid, transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, antifreeze, and other fluids should be topped off and checked before you head out. A local Frederick mechanic can help you flush them out if needed as well.
- Lights: Your headlights, turn signals, and brake lights should all be in working order. Getting a ticket on vacation is never fun.
- Brakes: Have your brake pads checked for wear and check your brake fluid as well.
- Car Battery: Get your battery checked out to make sure it is in good health.
- Belts and Hoses: Check belts and hoses for wear and make sure they’re all secured within the vehicle.
Keep These In Your Car for Your Road Trip
- First-aid kit
- Jumper cables
- A flashlight with extra batteries
- Spare tire
- Duct tape
- Car phone charger
- Activities for the kids
- Food / water for you and kids
Don’t Forget the Fun!
In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” Make sure you bring snacks, drinks, and plenty of good music for your road trip. If you’re hanging out with good people, you’ll be there in no time.
Ken’s Automotive and Transmissions Will Make Sure You Get There!
Ken’s Automotive and Transmissions is an auto repair shop in Frederick, Maryland that is ready to jump in and help you when you need preventative maintenance. We’ll make sure your car is in good working order so that you can focus on having a great road trip.
Give us a call at (301) 662-5100 or contact us on our website.